- Education Law and Policy Institute, Loyola University Chicago School of Law
This event begins with a lunchtime discussion of current education issues in Chicago and the interconnections with youth violence and entry into the juvenile justice system.
Following the panel will be a seminar that includes the following topics:
- special education and the Supreme Court's 2017 decision in Endrew F. vs. Douglas County School District;
- changes in immigration policy and their implications for students, families and schools;
- educational labor relations issues in a shifting national labor environment; and
- an update on the 2017 Illinois legislative session and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Lunch will be provided, and a reception will follow the seminar.
The full agenda is available here.
This program has been approved by the Illinois MCLE Board for 5 total hours of MCLE credit; 3 of these hours have been approved by the ILSCCP to be offered as Professional Responsibility credit.