A Civil No Contact Order protects victims of rape, sexual assault, or sexual abuse from the abuser. The Order can also be used to protect the victim's family and rape crisis center workers. The victim does not need to have a relationship with the abuser to get one.
With the Order a judge can make the abuser do things, including ordering them to:
- Stay away from the victim
- Not contact the victim through telephone, email, texts, mail, or other people
- Not be within a certain distance from the victim
- Stay away from specific places like a home, a school, a daycare, or an office
- Transfer to another school, if the victim and the abuser attend the same school
A Civil No Contact Order can be requested by:
- Any person who is the victim of sexual assault or abuse; or
- Any person on behalf of a child or disabled or elderly adult who has been the victim of sexual assault or abuse.